Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now management hubris
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:11:07 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/28/03 5:15:02 PM, mark@rabinergroup.com writes:
>
> << I dislike this obliviousness to the Mac world what are you BR an
> accountant?.
> I don't do windows. I can get other Jobs.   (getit?:) >>
> -------------------------
> Mark,
>
> My first computer was a Mac SE. I'm online now with a Mac G3 Blue. I've used
> Mac OS's from 6 to X. I fully appreciate what Apple has done and appreciate
> Jobs's genius. As something of a scribe I must still be objective to some
> degree. More than 90% of us use PC's. And the reason for that is both Jobs's fear of
> losing proprietary security by not taking a chance, and Gates's willingness
> to do just that. Early on Gates worked with all hardware outfits to exploit his
> operating systems. Jobs cared for but one.
>
> br
> --

I thought they called Jobs in because they tried that and it failed. He
reeled it in again expelling the clones forever to where clones go when
they are expelled. That's how i remember it. I remember the clones.
There ought to be clones. Quick send in the clones. Maybe I'm not keyed
into the world of big business but I've been using macs since 9 months
after they came out say '85 and I started out with the first Photoshop
version I think in '86 and when ever i go into a Riches cigar store to
look at magazines and buy them there are about 5 Mac magazines and about
8 PC magazines. The people who own the place use pc's. I designed my
darkroom with an SE and my back porch. Bought an extra MG of memory for
it for one grand a year later. The whole package cost more than my G4
I'm typing on now which if I sold it to a foroun national (whatever that
is) i'd have tanks on my front lawn with paratroupers and swat teams
swatting at my windows. Powells bookstore has not hundreds but thousands
of Macs in the Mac section.
I try to stay in the Mark section but it gets confusing. Lots of Max's
floating around too/

One out of ten is one and one is not much but one tenth of billions is a handful.
That's my math awareness.
I bet people in marketing think one one tenth of a market is huge.
Anybody in marketing here?
I used to think marketing was going to the A&P.
Isn’t it bliss?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com