Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Release
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:14:10 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/17/03 12:54:35 PM, jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:
>
> << I like slide shows. Not slide shows of pure drivel but slide shows with
> interesting images. Obviously many of you have had some pretty bad
> experiences. I have nothing but fond memories of my family's slide
> shows.  >>
>
> A well-organized and edited slide show can be every bit as interesting as a
> good movie. My Carousel could be synced with sound. I have the Kodak unit that
> does it. Methinks Kodak is premature in dropping the projector.
> They should license another outfit to produce it under a different brand with
> better construction, lenses and digital control technology. It will sell.
>
> br
> --
I wonder if there is a country where everyone shoots slides and shows
everyone slide shows all the time?
Kind of like India is with motion pictures. Although I'd not heard the
Indians walk around with Video cameras or Bolexes imitating their
favorite Auteur.

I love super eight Kodachrome. I love the flicker. I love changing reels.

And I love silent films. But with music and sound effects sometimes.
Love the shots and the cue cards. The greatest of all art forms...
other than Football on TV or live TV "playhouse" which is theatre or
film making without the film.

The media is many, mischievous and miscellaneous said the maven.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com