Subject: [Leica] M to R adapter - is there such a thing?
From: Ian Watts <watts@firebomb.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:33:43 +0100

[Originally asked on Photo.net Leica forum so I apologise for 'cross
posting' but I reason that the LUG is the best place to ask the following.]

I've done some searches for information about mounting an M lens on an R
body but haven't found much of use. I know that you can fairly easily get
adapters to mount R lenses onto M bodies (obviously without rangefinder
coupling). I also know that mounting M lenses onto R bodies will involve
losing infinity focus. However, even accepting that loss of infinity focus,
is mounting an M lens onto an R body a practical proposition. I'm not sure
how much effective extension will be involved here so I'm not sure how much
effective focussing range you will get. Anybody done this? I'm interested in
trying a couple of my M lenses (specifically a 50/2 and a 75/1.4) on either
an R body or an EOS digital (via M-to-R and Novoflex R-to-EOS adapter). If
it works it might make for some interesting macro or very tight headshot
portrait stuff?

Thanks,

Ian Watts

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] M to R adapter - is there such a thing?)