Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica 90mm f/4.0 Elmar C prices
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:08:47 -0700

I've had 4, or 6, can't rightly remember, of the T-E version. Everyone of
them flared horrifically, with its accompanying loss of contrast and
sharpness. I've had early and late versions, all seemed to give the same
results. I've just about had all the other 90 versions, except for the early
black 90 and the 3 element version.
The one surprise, and I shoot mainly in Southern CA with its extreme
contrast problems, has been the 90 F4, chrome version, and the 90-C. Both
lenses have a unique contrast, and are unusually sharp throughout the whole
range of apertures, and focusing distances.
But then that's been my experience. other's have raved about the T-E. with a
completely different experience.
Slobodan Dimitrov