Subject: Re: [Leica] Competition -- Leica or Digital -- you tell me!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:40:58 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> I had to have some pictures taken of myself recently. I just got the
> TIFF files. I thought the photographer did quite a nice job considering
> his unphotogenic subject.
>
> What I want to know is: was the camera he used a Leica, or a digital
> SLR?
>
> In fact I'll be even more specific... it was either
>
> 1. Leica M4-P with 90mm Summicron on Agfa APX 400 scanned on an Imacon
> 2. Canon 1Ds with EF 85mm f/1.8
>
> There will be a prize, although I have no idea what, for the
> best-argued correct answer.
>
> Here's the picture. I've made it nice and big so you can have a good
> look at it.
>
>         http://www.johnbrownlow.com/icom/source/icom13.html
>
> Steve LeHuray is not allowed to enter this competition.
>
> (There is actually a very very very simple way to tell, but if you know
> what it is, do yourself a favor and judge the image as an image before
> peeking - and no, that answer won't win the competition).
>
> --
> John Brownlow

Looks very red sensitive to me, he said as he strapped himself down for
his three dollar tour on a two dollar Beagle boat.  (Woof!)

It's either this picture or this picture? where's the other picture?
(eye that's the rub)
Costello and effect!

Ah but that would be making it two easy!

Like spot the before's on those before and after shots.

The before's have a thin candy shell… No that's making it too easy as well.

The before are the ones who look least like the undead, the black and
white 16mm version.

Well well well.

Mark Rab iner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

how many "Costello"s in the internext database? (IMDb)
66!
                                        If you ever plan to motor west,
                                        travel my way, take the highway
that is best.
                                        Get your kicks on Route sixty-six.

                                        It winds from Chicago to LA,
                                        more than two thousand miles all
the way.
                                        Get your kicks on Route sixty-six.

                                        Now you go through Saint Looey
                                        Joplin, Missouri,
                                        and Oklahoma City is mighty pretty.
                                        You see Amarillo,
                                        Gallup, Ne w Mexico,
                                        Flagstaff, Arizona.
                                        Don't forget Winona,  (we never do)
                                        Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino.

See you in old St. Looey in 9 weeks or so!