Subject: [Leica] Leica loupe or alternative
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:48:04 +0200

Dear group - I am looking for a lupe to help me assess my slides prior
to scanning them. I do not frame my slides, but store them in 6 pcs
strips.

I have heard that the Leica lupe is exceptionally good, but also priced
accordingly. Does anyone have some insights into this matter? Is the
Leica the only 'proper' way to go, or are there very good and cheaper
alternatives around that I might want to consider?

I have been offered a 'like new' Emo Wetzlar Macromax 5x for a price
that is about half of that of a new Leica lupe. Does this sound like a
price worthy alternative?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>