Subject: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade HOG WASH! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 18:57:10 -0700

Well lads and lasses,
This view finder thing is a sheer waste of wonderful picture taking time!!!!
Too bad so many of you have nothing better to do with your time than bitch
about something you have no control over. Well OK you could add some frosted
scotch tape as mentioned.

Don't some of guys have anything better to do than whine about the so called
horrors of a situation so easily corrected by .... "sell the damn camera and
move on with life?"

Whining and bitching about it is like having sex with a condom, one can
bitch about it or get a blood test and stay happy with a clean partner!
Problem solved! ;-)

See how easy it can be? Get rid of the Leica you're bitching about, buy some
other, use scotch tape. Or finally just use the damn camera and get on with
enjoying your photography whether hobby or profession and live with it!

Where the "flare issue" appears to create a problem for some, there are many
thousands about the world not on this list, who just get on with their
picture taking with not one iota of a thought. Oh and by the way, they shoot
some incredibly beautiful pictures!

This situation can be very quickly removed merely by adjusting your eye
position slightly within the viewfinder which I've done since Januray 86
when I purchased three new outta the box M6's for my work. An upgrade if you
like. Did I have a flare problem during all this time until earlier this
year when I switched to three M7's?  No! Did I see them, yes sometimes. Did
I whine? No!

And how many thousands of times have I looked through the viewfinders and
how many rolls of film do you imagine I went through? Quite frankly...
uncountable! Did I whine and carry on like some of you folks?  Nope not
once, damn I was way to busy shooting assignments about the world to carry
on like some of you.

And if it were as bad as you go on, hell I'd have dumped the camera in a
heart beat! Our lives as working professionals is tough enough without
having to put up with malfunctioning camera equipment..... Particularly the
view finder where we see the life's blood of what we are motivated by.

Sure once in awhile there was a touch of flare, got rid of it immediately by
slight move of the eye and went right on shooting. Have you seen me on this
list whining and carrying on with what appears a complete waste of ones life
when we're here for only a short time of picture taking?  My God all you
flare whiners get a life and go take pictures! Or as I said... sell the damn
camera and buy a point and shoot! Anybodies as long as you stop whining!

Actually all the negative comments here are truly a waste of time because
it's blown off by Leica in any event regardless of what some of you may
think, that "this list is the voice of Leica users and dissenter of the
world!"

Ththththatttt's all folks~! Have a great weekend what's left, flare free!
;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade HOG WASH! ;-)RANT OF THE WEEK????)
Reply from "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade HOG WASH! ;-))