Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Finder Upgrade
From: Kip Peterson <kip@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 19:42:39 -0700

Gene wrote:
> Any improvement now is of some help.  It looks like the best
> bet, money wise is to buy a MP, but then I don't like the old shutter
> dial
> progression, I can learn to live with the old rewind knob, but the
> shutter
> dial change was stupid in my opinion when the new one was correct to
> the
> meter indicators.

I agree with Gene completely. I'm totally confused why Leica, when
given the chance to make incremental improvements to a completely
manual camera, opted to reintroduce an old shutter speed dial design. I
love my M6 TTL shutter dial, especially its convenient size that's so
easy to move while composing. The MP finder is incredible, though. I
couldn't believe how much better it is than my M6 TTL. Like so many
things in life, you can't have everything I guess. However, with a
Leica M, it's frustrating to realize we could have had everything, but
were denied it by an incomprehensible marketing decision. So, for me, I
think the M6 TTL is overall a much better choice, especially in light
of the $2,500 dollars necessary (for an MP) to take one step forward
and one back.

Kip Peterson