Subject: Re: [Leica] forward into the past (bulb sync)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:09:20 -0600

No, HSS flash is not like  the M sync on the earlier cameras. HSS
carefully syncs a series of low power flashes with the shutter as the
slit crosses the film plane. It has to be precise as there can be no
gaps (dark  bands) or overlap (bright bands) in the multiple flash
exposures.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> (Re: [Leica] forward into the past (bulb sync))