Subject: [Leica] Revenge of the Special Order Chrome M7's!!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:20:06 -0400

Hi All -
    After the report that the MP-6 or M6-P (or M"PP" or M "Wee - Wee")
- --- whatever --- will be offered in Black and silver with all V.F. Mags,
(for which I know you all still cannot sleep over the excitement in your
hearts!) I have another strange report to relay.
    I just picked up a Special Order Silver M7 0.58 to round out my M's
(LHSA's in the 3 V.F. mags and M7's in he 3 V.F. mags) after selling off my
M6 TTL's. So that's that ...  BUT ... as in the same case as when I bought
my special order M7 Silver 0.85, the screw thread on the baseplate is
different AGAIN - FOR the SECOND TIME - and will not take the Leica grip, or
other tripod accessories my black M7 will -- or other M's for that matter!
OK - I fixed it with Dr. Blacktapes black tape suggestion on the first
camera ... but enough is enough! I am peeved! Riled! Ticked Off! Even a
little upset!!!
    So ... I'm gonna get me two new base plates - and no one will stop me.
Even if I gotta drive to New Jersey (What exit by the way?) and swipe 'em
off the 'Last of The M6's' darn it!!
    I just wanna know if this is a conspiracy - have any of you experienced
this blow to your trust in Leica Craftsmanship? Will this be an MP thing as
well - but with Black cameras? Will they STOP wasting money and supplying
two lithium 1/3N cells with each MP sold to fix this problem?? Will Hans
Peter of Germany hold a special meeting with Roger Horn in the Leica
Strategic Situation Room - and finally get keys to the executive washroom???
    All I want to know is ....................why?
    (sniff) Ed  (sniff)

Replies: Reply from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Revenge of the Special Order Chrome M7's!!)