Subject: [Leica] Titanium Lenses - all seven!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:57:05 -0400

Hi Skip-
    There were 7 lenses made in Titanium finish ( I know, I have 'em all -
like an idiot!) - Originally with he Classic Body there were two 35 f/1.4's
- - the non - Asph early version, and the2nd generation Asph version, a 50
f/1.4 Summilux and a 90 f/2.8 M. With the TTL Titan (with the hideous brown
leather cover compared to the first black 'emu' skin' covering' - to me at
any rate) Leica offered a titan 35 f/2.0 Asph, a 50 f/2.0 Summicron, and the
90 f/2.0 Apo Asph Summicron. I just counted the 'em - so I think that's it.
The only real neat one to me is the 35 Asph f/2.0 as it comes with a
Titanium vented hood and lens cap (I lost mine on the beach and had to
replace them both -- at a cost of 250.00 US for the hood and 120.00 for the
cap!! Then -- The originals showed up a YEAR later in our beach drink
cooler!! I think my kids put them there. After college, when they get good
jobs, I'll get them to pay me back with interest with a digital Md12 by
then! :-)
            Ed