Subject: Re: [Leica] Major solar storms
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:20:09 -0800

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> I was able to easily get this page up. but could not find
> the link to the animated gif of the aurora.

In the column to the right ("What's up in space") the second news item
is entitled "Aurora watch".  The image, at least in my browser, is
animated.  Check that you haven't got "animate GIFs" switched off
somewhere in your browswer preferences.  Clicking on this image brings
up another page with a large version of the same.  The direct link to
that is:

	http://science.nasa.gov/spaceweather/aurora/images2003/14mar03/
Mammana1.gif

M.