Subject: RE: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW week 52
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:48:17 +0100

From a, errr, strictly legal point of view almost every photograph on my
web site is illegal. In France you are not allowed to photograph people
where they can be identified unless you have their express permission,
regardless of whether or not you gain financially from the photograph.
In fact you cannot even take photographs of say a car or a boat if the
registration/name is visible. There were a series of articles in a
recent French Photo magazine that basically concluded that a
Cartier-Bresson or a Doisneau would not be able to work in France today.

My personal attitude is if someone indicates that they don't want their
photograph taken, I don't take the photograph - I'd do this in any
situation regardless of the law.

Steve