Subject: [Leica] Leica and digital
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:13:10 -0700

I am VERY interested in an R digital body. The reasons are simple:

1) If film and digital images are roughly comparable in quality, digital
is much more convenient for me. Since I do most of my own printing, I
would save a good deal of time taking film in for processing, getting
prints or contacts so I can see what's there, and then having the best
negs or slides scanned.

2) I would also save significant $$. I now pay for film, processing, and
scanning. None of that would be necessary.

Would I give up film entirely? Not likely.

Do I think the current level of digital imaging is equal or better than
film. I don't know, but it's close enough for me to want Leica (and
whoever) to come up with an R body in the next two or three years and
announce it far enough in advance so I don't have to worry about whether
I am going to have that option in the future.

- --Gib