Subject: Re: [Leica] New PAWs from Jim Shulman--Off to the Races
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:28:36 +0100

From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 19 August 2002 20:53
Subject: [Leica] New PAWs from Jim Shulman--Off to the Races

> This past Saturday went to the Mt. Penn (Reading, PA) hill climb, which
> features one of the more eclectic groups of wannabe weekend warriors and
> their trusty steeds.
>
> Appropriate sponsorship for the vehicle...
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=958364&size=lg
>
> and the competitors
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=958367&size=lg
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=958380&size=lg
>
> And yes, the LUG was invited last week.  I went up with Sal DiMarco, who
> seemed to be equally amused by the assemblage.  The only truly classic
> racer was an Alvis (I think)--the rest looked like refugees from the
> backyard.
>
> Best,
> Jim Shulman
> Bryn Mawr, PA
Hi Jim,
Love the 'Very Easy Riders' shot, I can almost reach out and touch the
enthusiasm. The trademark humour in the sponsor and the 'carb' caption add
to the mix. Surprised to hear the name 'Alvis' mentioned. If you are
interested there is a shot of an Alvis and its' oh so English owners at the
link below.

Alvis car:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/fav_17.html

Owners: