Subject: Re: [Leica] Congratulations Ted!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:55:32 -0700

John Collier   wrote:   Congratulations Ted!

> Photo Life, a Canadian magazine, has an article on Ted Grant in the
> September issue. Not enough pictures by a long shot but the article
> itself is great. They should have devoted a whole issue to Ted and his
> pictures. Naturally, being the gentleman that he is, Ted gives all the
> credit to Irene. Often in this world talent and a pleasant personality
> do not mix; but, with Ted, we are fortunate that he has both in plenty.<<<

Thank you John.

And good wife Irene deserves it as she's had to put up with the photog in
the family since 27 May 1950 when she gave me my first camera as a birthday
present and launched me into photography. And yes I still have the original.
:-)

And trust me she's had to put up with a lot! ;-) However, she's still the
best critic simply because she's been looking at my pictures for 52 years,
so she's seen the good, the bad and ugly of the lot.

David Young wrote:

>>That's only because she deserves it!

>  Often in this world talent and a pleasant personality do not mix; but,
> with Ted, we are fortunate that he has both in plenty.<

I'll drink to that! <<<<<<<<

 thanks David

Jeffery Smith added:

<<< I just saw Ted's magazine gallery in Barnes and Noble. "The Grandfather
of
Canadian Photography" is no small feat in light of the number of excellent
Canadian photographers. Congratulations on a life well spent, Gramps! <g><<<

And from gramps or as the grand kids call me... "Grumpa!" ;-)
Thanks Jeffery

ted