Subject: RE: [Leica] So you want a new Leica M series Body?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:01:53 -0400

I, too, God knows, buy cameras to use....I am simply pointing out, given all
the chatter over the last few years about the enduring value of Leica
equipment, that the value has, in the last six months or so, taken a running
leap off a cliff...The reason? I think that as long as mechanical cameras
held some real attraction for a reasonable number of people beyond those who
will continue to shoot with Leicas as long as Kodak - or some obscure
company in Lithuania - continues to make 35 mm film, then they will hold,
have held, their value. But I think that over the past six months the price
for real quality digital gear has dropped so far and fast, and top quality
autoeverything SLRs are now so accessible, that there are far fewer film
fanatics today than their were six months or a year ago.

And, of course, this creates a great opportunity for the diehards. ;-)

B. D.