Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas on Tripods
From: "Johan Doumont" <johan.doumont@pandora.be>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 10:01:10 +0200

I wish I had brought a tripod when I made this photograph :

http://www.leica-gallery.net/johandoumont/image-29732.html

I wanted, and used, a longish exposure (1/4s), so I couldn't handhold the
camera. I couldn't put it on the slippery rocks either, the position of the
camera would be too low...

All I could think of at the time was to use one of my Nikon F2s, level it
somewhat by placing a hood underneath one side of it and balance my M3 on
the top of the Nikon's prismfinder.
I didn't bring a cable release, so I had to use the self-timer. Since I
wanted  to catch the waves when rolling back, I had to time the release of
the self-timer very carefully.
I only had time for two exposures before the light was gone. This is one of
them.

Johan Doumont