Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Dangers of Digital (OT)
From: "Dr. Timothy A. Perdian, D.C." <perdian@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:26:48 -0700

Why did you bother with the Imation software?  iPhoto does this nicely with
no effort.  I have 2 digitals (don't ask!) and don't us the software from
either.  I have found with my Nikon coolpix and a Casio that the things can
be fussy about loose connections and how you attach the USB cables.  In the
manuals which are the worst things to read in the world specific directions
are given on whether or not the camera should be "on" when you
connect/disconnect the cables, what it should be set at and other things
which can interfere.  If worse comes to worse boot up in Classic and the
camera memory should show as a drive on the desktop and you can drag the
images to any folder.  I have gotten the same error messages and have found
ways around to get the pictures off the camera.  It requires some
imagination but don't give up.  They are on there and you can get them!!

MM