Subject: [Leica] Re: Using gel filters on back of a lens (wide angle)
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:39:27 -0400

Martin K. and other interested LUGites,
    For years, I have been using gelatin filters behind lenses with NO ill
effects. Just as carefully as possible cut them out and I use simple scotch
tape to keep them in place or in the case of my 16mm f/2.8 Fish-Ee Elmarit-R
and 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M, I had adapter rings made by Professional Camera
Repair Services.
    Remember gelatin filter do not last forever and are very prone to
fingerprints.
Happy Snaps,

Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA