Subject: Re: [Leica] SilverFast software
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:01:54 -0500

I cannot tell you about it on the Mac, but on the PC it is the most user
unfriendly piece of garbage I've ever put on my computer. I don't know what
programmers were thinking, but I even paid extra to get the documentation
for this program and it is totally worthless.

In the early 1980's, there was software for DOS and the Apple // that was
cryptic. Compared to Silverfast, it was user friendly. I consider myself to
be pretty computer literate (I was using the rather difficult XyWrite III
when others were using the very easy Word Perfect), but I don't think the
most nerdy computer geek can warm up to this program. I have stopped using
it because every time I even attempt to use it, it reboots my computer for me.

I has to be better on the mac, but I wouldn't think it would be much better.

jeffery