Subject: [Leica] Flying with fiim
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:27:18 -0400

Went through security Friday at Boston's infamous Logan Airport - with 70
rolls of film, all removed from their little containers, all in ziplock
bags.

First the security personnel told me that the film would have to go through
Xray. But, having given myself plenty of time, I told them that FAA regs
give me the right to demand a hand inspection, and I was demanding it. Jr.
inspector goes to senior inspector, and finally they say okay.

I go through the scanner - no wand, no shoe check - and then I sat and read
a book for 40 minutes while some kid, and I use the word advisedly, examined
each and everyone of the 70 rolls. He tried using one of the explosive
swipes for three or four rolls before putting it through the machine, but
his supervisor "caught him" and made him use a fresh swipe for every roll.
Meanwhile, my equipment case went through the machine without even a second
look - no hand check, no nothing.

Digital is looking more and more appealing. ;-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com> (Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim)
Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 problem)