Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Purchases: Hands Up
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:21:49 -0600

on 3/31/02 10:50 AM, Mehrdad Sadat at m.sadat@verizon.net wrote:

> Frank, it will be interesting to see what you come up with. my guess is very
> slow to slow adaptation of the M7 due to it's price, not a lot of benefits
> and no .58 or .85.

Slow yes but not a lot of benefit? AE is the whole benefit. You will
eventually see the M6 fade out like the R6.2, it may take a few years but it
will happen. And the other VF mags are only a few months away.

> it is very hard for me to justify 2300 for a .58 when the hexar rf complete
> with 50mm lens and flash sells 1100.

I think more people looking into the M7 are either saying Leica M? or Leica
M?...

> when the price gets to 1500~1600, i will reevaluate again. the current
> rebete excludes M7, with a little price drop, rebate and leica day discount,
> i think the camera will be at 1500~1600 some time around dec 2002 or next
> spring.

Your joking right? Unless your talking about gray market...but even then I
think your way off. New M6 prices may be at that mark but not M7s.

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com