Subject: [Leica] Re: Camera bags, was A Land Without Lawyers
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:17:31 -0500

After reading 30 messages, I'd like to alter my first answer. I retain
my comment that if a person needs 100+ messages on choosing a camera
bag, he is better off saving the money for a brain transplant--good
grief, talk about being passive!

How does this differ from my request for a frame supplier?

I did not ask WHICH frame I should buy. I did the research and found
that 4 piece metal frames best met my needs. My question was the same as
someone asking whether B&H Photo is an honest store to deal with. The
purpose is to gather information before making an order, information
that cannot be had without making an order. An order one would hope not
to make if there is a problem.

But, since camera bags are a hot topic, here is my advice to those
looking to buy a new camera bag: Get off you butt and get down to a
camera store. Try out camera bags to your heart's content. If the
in-store price is too much, go home and place an order online with B&H
Photo (they are honest). When the damn thing arrives, limit yourself to
ONE (1) message about your new bag. If you are tempted to post a second
message, have a drink of single-malt scotch instead.

Allan

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Camera bags, was A Land Without Lawyers)