Subject: Re: [Leica] 135/3.4 APO Telyt vs 135/2.8 Elmarit
From: "SML" <inyoung@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:01:06 -0800

Hi Frank,

  There is no doubt about the APO Tele-Elmar being one of the best image
makers.  I confirmed it with mine.  When it comes to the Elamrit, I don't
know.  Long time ago, I bought one to try it out but sold it immediately.
For some reason, it was not up to my satisfaction.  I think it has something
to do with the eyes.  I am not sure but think the eyes need to be adjusted
for each lens.  I also know that it has the same optical formular as the R
version which served me faithfully for almost 15 years.  In my book, the
Elmarit is an excellent performer but cannot be compared with the APO.  The
Elmarit is very old design while the APO is recent design too.  Hope this
helps a little.

Regards,
David Lee