Subject: [Leica] M Shutter Speeds
From: Rick Dahms <shout@nwlink.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:45:18 -0800

I was told by my camera repair shop owner that all the M shutters are
inaccurate at one end of the spectrum or the other. He said that you need to
select the "speed area" that you're going to usually shoot around and
calibrate the speeds for that "zone." And that the shutter speeds will be
less accurate as you move away from that zone.

It came up when he was checking my R8s. He said that he wished Leica would
put the R shutters in the Ms. This guy runs the best shop in Seattle. Is
this a well known problem? Is it an accurate depiction of the M shutter? He
says it's the same with the M6. Comments?
- --
Rick Dahms
9511 SW 264th Street
Vashon Island, WA 98070