Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanning the Wild Kodachrome
From: "rp johnson" <rpjohnson2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:47:32 -0800

Peter,

You already have the answer, you are just overlooking it.

" If anyone has suggestions
on how to deal with these "blues," I'd love to hear them.  The lighting was
very difficult, semi-overcast day with occasional sun breaks, so there was
blue sky, reflecting clouds, high contrast, yatta yatta yatta."

You have the answer in your very next paragraph:

"I know that this picture can be printed well in color, because I've got a
nice 8x10 of it hanging in my office.  The print was done by a local custom
lab."

See how easy that was?

The other thing to always remember is Kyle's advice on shooting wildlife
photos with a Leica rangefinder camera (he said this just before sliding to
the floor into a coma):

"Always shoot roadkill... and use a wide angle lens."

Surely you remember.

RP Johnson

Happy Holidays.