Subject: RE: [Leica] build quality
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:18:08 -0500

>When I bought my mint M3 from my grad school professor several months
>ago, he told me that it had never been CLA'd. I told him that he should
>have had it done every 10 years or so. He told me to send it in and have
>it done 5 times. ;-)

A really mint M3 is a rare commodity, and mine is almost mint, with just a
couple of barely perceptable bright marks.  I still use it, and often.  I'm
just VERY careful with it.  On the other hand, my M6 is maybe ten years
old, and it's gotten pretty beat up.

Best Regards,
Rich

Replies: Reply from Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net> (RE: [Leica] build quality)