Subject: Re: [Leica] dinging one's leica
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:03:32 -0500

I know I am being a bore on this subject, but - as is obvious - this
attitude is driving me bonkers!:-) (...I know, I know, just ignore it.)

What is the point of buying non-special edition Leica - new, used, or
otherwise - if not to use it? So what if it's new and unmarked? If you
coddle and protect it, it will always look new and unmarked - and you
will never really use it. If you get a new car do you keep it in the
driveway, and use it only to go to the corner store and back, until some
kid throws a rock at it and chips the paint? If you buy a new pair of
shoes, do you keep them in the closet until the cat scratches one up?
If, for that matter, if you buy a new hammer, do you keep it in the tool
box until it somehow gets a nick?

Sorry, but I just don't get it. I have bought new. I have bought used.
But I have always bought TO use.

B. D.