Subject: RE: [Leica] posing with the gold lizardskin Leica
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:28:48 -0700

> Actually Tim i think the "Magnum types" are known to actually
> have no qualms
> about USING their Leicas.
> They are not posers. They are users. There is film in thier
> cameras. A Leica
> would in most cases be the first camera they would grab.

I didn't say they were photographic poseurs - far from it, I merely meant
Leica posers - I once saw half a dozen of them around a cafe table in Paris,
literally taking pictures of each other (with their Leica's) with their
Leica's prominent around their necks - oh and 3 of them had bush jackets
on...  - and as I recall, at least two Nikons one Canon and a Plaubel
Makina - but non of those were put on display for the snapping - only the
Leicas - which at times were "carefully" arranged on the table. My buddy
(who had just come back from six months in Sarajevo, his French
photojournalist girlfriend and I had a good chuckle as we watched. My
friends comment, in his good, flat, Yorkshire growl was, actually, "posers".

Oh - and if I had a lizardskin leica, I'd happily pose with it in my
PJ's....

BTW - who had that chameleon that would turn black with red dots when it
crawled over their M6? Didn't they use it to cover a Leica with...?

Tim A