Subject: [Leica] OT: Red Hat Linux Help
From: Richard Wasserman <disfromage@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:20:54 -0600

Dear LUG,
    I am Richard Wasserman's son, Joe.  I'm trying to install Red Hat
Linux and need some help.  When trying to partition disk space on my
hard drives ( I have two; a smaller, 4 GB master drive and a 40 GB slave
drive), do the root  ("/"), "/boot", and "<swap> all have to be on the
same drive?  Also, what should I have the slave drive partitioned as?  I
tried to partition it as root, but it wouldn't let me, because root was
being used on the other drive.  So far, those are the only problems I've
had...  BTW, I'd like to not have to use a boot disk.
    If anyone can help me, that would be great!  Thanks in advance for
your help.

        Thanks again,
                   Joe Wassserman

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Red Hat Linux Help)