Subject: Re: [Leica] EOS out of running; now R8 vs. M - wife has spoken
From: George Day <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:00:00 -0800

Mitch,

Before you throw your EOS out the window, how about actually trying some of
the high-end Canon lenses?  The 100 and 135/2, the 28-70 and others are
easily (here come the flames) on par with the best optics, including Leica,
out there.  They are made for professionals with professional expectations
and they perform.  EOS makes a great second system to an all-manual M
system, but it's not fair to judge L lenses or the system itself by the
standards of consumer OEM lenses.