Subject: [Leica] Release from Kodak
From: "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:15:05 -0500

Shamelessly cribbed from the N*k*n Manual Focus User's list, via Henry
Posner of B&H Photo:

+++++
I received the statement below from Kodak. Take it for what it's worth.

===//===

 >Statement for www.kodak.com  "To protect public health and ensure
 >confidence in the US Mail system, the United States Postal Service (USPS)
 >is installing new equipment to sanitize certain items sent through the
 >mail.  While various sanitizing technologies can damage film and other
 >sensitive materials, the USPS has issued the following statement:
 >
 >"The USPS is working with the mailing industry to develop procedures to
 >ensure that sanitization of the mail will not damage sensitive items in the
 >mail. Sanitization technology is currently being tested on a wide range of
 >film products, digital and magnetic storage devices, laboratory samples,
 >food and plant products, and "smart" credit cards with embedded chips to
 >ensure that all business mail can be safely processed through the postal
 >system."
 >
 >Therefore, based upon this statement and upon other information from USPS
 >shared with Kodak and the photo industry, it appears that current
 >photographic commerce in all its forms will be unaffected."

===//===
+++++

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian
because I hate plants.  - A. Whitney Brown