Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 3200 in Xtol 1:3 time recommendations
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:54:04 -0800

Adam Bridge wrote:

> What are people trying for this? Illford recommends full strength but I'm
> not happy with the results of that.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thank you
>
> Adam Bridge
>
> --
I was not able to get enough density at my usual 1:3 with Delta 3200 35mm or 120
shot at 1200 no much how much time i gave it. I'd start to get diachronic fog;
mottled grey around the sprocket holes but no added density in the highlights
(contrast) to speak of to my liking.
Kodak says not to dilute that much for T Max 100 but I've only personally found
any dilution problem with Delta 3200.
I don't use T Max 100.
1:1 is working for me with Delta 3200 but i only use the film at 120 not that
it's bad but because the results I'm gettin from 35mm Neopan 1600 which works
for me at 1600 is superb and that's @ 1:3. The Neopan does not come in 120.
Delta is the only superfast 120 film in the game.

Straight would not be sharp, maybe OK for sheet film but i even go 1:1 for sheet
film in rubber Kodak tanks and metal hangers.

My time at 1:1 for the 35mm or 120 Delta 3200 @ 1200 is 16 minutes adjust for
the fact that i do this at 70 degrees and agitate once per minute for 5 seconds.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/