Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon EOS for Leica-style...sorry!
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:35:52 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> A kid starting out with an old FM, FM2 or FE2 and a  2.5 105 would warm my heart.
>
> A Leica hanging around someones neck bumping into an old Nikon like that or a
> Canon F1. Or Canon rangefinder.
> A great precedent for that for good people.
> We saw that at the LHSA meeting two years ago. Instead of a slide show we saw
> manikins of "kits. The neck adornments of some of the key photographers of a few
> decades back.
This is a FASCINATING study!!!...I'd like to have seen that presentation...but as
you might assume, I can't even BE around LHSA folks...

> But a Leica M or R bumping up agonist an EOS for me would be like wearing a red
> shirt and orange pants.
> (And i guess you'd have to pull out the  white shoes for that outfit)
> they go together like dancing and architecture.

I concur, except I feel the same way WITH or WITHOUT the M camera....I
gag everytime I see any 'modern' gear. (or "R" gear, but that's another thread)

Only Nikon and (recently) Canon 35mm gear have gained the approval of the
pros...I'm sorry, the Leicaflex nor the "R" gear ever gained a place, tho
the quality is SUPERB...the M gear, however, has a 'niche' place with pro PJs,
as a (very) secondary system...at least here in the US....

Walt

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Canon EOS for Leica)