Subject: Re: [Leica] suprises and disappointment
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:57:49 +0200

Friends
- - this is a highly interesting thread to me! Whilst I can be labelled <geek>
without much effort (people around me (i.e my photographer friends) see my
Leica fanaticism like a kind of eccentricity) - but as I've been exhibiting
a picture or two at some art shows I dare say one thing this thread is
really missing is the PICTURES THAT GUY TRIED TO PRESENT AS ART. OK, no all
of them (that guy spoiled your film, Chris, and you're sore at him for that,
too!) - and the net is so cluttered with images - but could you, please,
take your time to scan - and put on the net - a couple of examples just for
us to see (maybe he wanted to show you the bokeh - just in case you hadn't
noticed it yourself?        ;-}

Yours

Martin

John R. Fulton Jr. wrote in part:

>Speaking about your work is very important in the art world.

It's a disease. They take very literally the old adage that a picture is
worth a thousand
words. Usually the artistic merit is inversely proportional to the amount of
words used
to describe it. Try reading modern art criticism. I gave up after I
misplaced my secret
decoder ring.

Robert