Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 45 - Gilbert
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:48:23 -0500

> With a little anecdote:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/~gilplant/picaweek/wk45.html
>
> By the way, for anyone interested in shooting in New York City, STAY OUT OF
> THE PORT AUTHORITY BUS STATION! There are no signs saying that you can't
> take pictures, but in trying to take a shot of the security monitors station
> which is glassed in and very visible to the public, I found out the hard way
> just how close the US is to being under a state of martial law =:O
>
> Comments on or off-list welcome as always.
>
> Gilbert

Interesting anecdote, particularly the "state of martial law" I will find
out at Thanksgiving as I will be going to one of the local airports to
photograph the crowds waiting in line heading home for the annual feast.

On the PAW, good shot, maybe a little cropping  would have added something.

As far as the lady taking a swipe at you with her bag, Saturday I was at
Fells Point in Baltimore and some punk teenagers started to give me some
grief, they thought I was a tourist and once I said "naw bro, i'm a street
photographer" they thought that was really cool and posed for photos.

sl