Subject: RE: [Leica] Silverfast vs Nikon scan 3.1
From: "Jason Vicinanza" <jason@futurafish.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:46:34 -0000

I use the Nikon software on an LS-40 and found it to be OK. However I have
recently purchased Vuescan which is excellent. The histograms it creates are
much better than Nikons. It seems to capture shadows and highlights much
better than Nikon Scan and therefore the pictures hardly need any
adjustments at all in Paintshop.

All of the photographs on my site in the 'CND March' album were scanned with
Vuescan, they were not modified in any way, although some of them could do
with a little more contrast.

Sadly the user interface in Vuescan sucks and I have found Nikonscan to
produce better colour scans in the limited testing that ive done with colour
film.

Cheers!

Jason Vicinanza
jason@futurafish.com