Subject: Re: [Leica] Silverfast vs Nikon scan 3.1
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 04:42:09 EST

I cannot comment on the Silverfast software as I do not, and never have, use it but the new version of the Nikon software is much imporved on the older version. However I still find that there are certain times when I get very poor scans and these incidents are relatively often so for anything serious I still use Vuescan available at a a very low cost from www.hamrick.com. The only time I tend to use the Nikon software is for low resolution batch scans for 'contact sheet' pruposes.

Gerry
www.gwpics.com