Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom exposure (was digit stuff)
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:10:02 -0800

Joe,

If it's an allergy, it's slight. I can still work in a darkroom. However, I
ran my first Piezo prints earlier this evening. First impression leads me
to believe that I won't be spending much time with wet trays in the future.

I'm absolutely amazed at the output. I printed some 8x10s from Neopan 1600
negs (scanned on a Coolscan III). I've never had prints from N1600 look so
good. And I spent minutes, not hours printing. No mixing and waiting. No
cleanup. No mess. No test strips. The prints looked fantastic right off the
bat. Rich blacks. Excellent tonality. And nothing to spot.

I made my initial prints on Heavyweight Matte and the profiles were right
on target. Printing color is always a challenge, regardless of how much I
try and calibrate. But the Piezo prints matched my screen extremely
closely. I'm still thinking there must be a catch somewhere. It shouldn't
be this easy.

Dave