Subject: Re: [Leica] Hello. Sorry long.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:39:28 -0500

Alistair - Can't tell you about the 24, but the 21 ASPH is nothing short
of amazing, in terms of lack of flare, edge to edge sharpness, AND, for
a 21, comparative lack of distortion. I originally had the 21 pre-ASPH,
and while it is a nice lens, the additional investment is well worth it
- - the improvements are apparent to the 'nekid' eye. I also use a Sigma
20 1.9 ASPH on my F100...It has two definite advantages under certain
circumstances - it focuses down to 8 inches - from the film plane. And
it is a full stop faster than the M lens. On the other hand, there is no
question the M lens produces less distortion than the Sigma, and then
there are the other obvious advantages of the M...

B. D.