Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: digital?
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:51:59 -0000

David Rodgers wrote:

"Leicas are thought to be expensive. But I've looked at digital camera
bodies costing $5K or more. Considering that they'll be relatively obsolete
in 24-36 months, that could be expensive!  I don't know how many
photographers are set up to get a high enough ROI to justify that type of
expenditure. A few, I suppose. Digital is handy for certain types of
photography."

I know one person on this list bought a Nikon D1 when they came out and has
generated enough revenue with it since to relegate it to a spare and get a
D1X.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.