Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:27:36 +0100

Halloween is increasingly popular here in Switzerland. There is not that
much treat-or-tricking, but children dress up in school on the day and
get candy from parents. So, last Wednesday my daughter's class was
visited by a witch, played by my wife, who tried to spook them with
scary stories. Here is the witch:

http://www.wajsman.com/44.jpg

She was moderately successful in scaring at least some of the children:

http://www.wajsman.com/44alt1.jpg

but in the end today's second-graders are too jaded to stay scared for
long...

http://www.wajsman.com/44alt2.jpg

All pictures taken with the M6, 35mm Summilux, on Delta 400 developed in
DD-X.

Incidentally, it looks on the scans as if the black areas, especially
from the witch's clothing, "bleed" into the surrounding bright areas.
This is not on the negative, at least as far as I can tell with a 10x
loupe, so it is a scanning artifact. I wonder if it indicates the need
to clean my LS-2000? I have not seen this effect before.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw.htm

and comments are welcomed and appreciated as always.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland