Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Dreams
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 09:00:47 -0800

on 11/5/01 5:48 AM, Dan Post at dpost@triad.rr.com thoughtfully wrote:

> I remember in the Navy, we had a saying- "The only difference between a
> fairy tale and a sea story is that a fairy tale begins with, "Once upon a
> time..." and a sea story begins with, "Say, this is no sh*t!" Perhaps we are
> spinning yarns, and dreaming wildly but you can never tell!

Us submarine guys knew it from "back on the usta-fish"...which, of course,
was back when submarines were actually named after fish.

The ideal digital MANUAL camera would be designed with a replaceable sensor
element which we could update either in the field or by sending back in.
Keep the camera body and lenses of course, just change the part of the
camera that is improved. This would save everyone's investment. The body
might be pricey but that's okay for me. I just want to get images recorded.

Maybe a B&W sensor instead of color?

Adam