Subject: [Leica] Re: leica made me a better photographer
From: "Mallik Kovuri" <mkovuri@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:51:44 -0600

While I do not consider myself to be a very good photographer to be able to
challenge photographs by/in NUG, I can definitely feel and see some
differences between Leica and other cameras. Leica puts reality in front of
us. Like some one quoted, other cameras, including Nikon, show the scene in
an artistic way. For example in the trees photographs of Nikon list, most of
the pictures look like more like paintings than reality. To me they look
unnatural rather than bringing out the reality. For example the picture with
the tree and hut, can you tell the distance between the tree and the hut? I
cannot. These are flat two dimensional pictures. While Leica puts reality in
front of us. I think optically Leica lenses are the best, OPTICALLY. I had
been an ardent user of Nikon and other SLR cameras, and still do. They have
their own strengths, particularly the extra telephoto and close-ups or
fish-eyes. But optically, I think Leica is incomparable to any. I do not
think I am biased.

Mallik.

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: leica made me a better photographer)
Reply from David Degner <ddegner@morris.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: leica made me a better photographer)