Subject: Re: [Leica] 0.58 M-6 Classic
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:06:29 -0400

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 19:29:39 -0700, Charles Mégnin
<charly@theblueplanet.org> wrote:

>Would you clarify this point ? Is the shutter speed dial reversed
>wrt to older models ?
>Thanks
>Cahrles
>
>leica@davidmorton.org wrote:
>
>> (...), but I *don't* want the reversed shutter speed dial of the M6
>> TTL body.

Yes - the dial on the TTL is larger and turns in the opposite direction of
the original.  This means that the rotation of the dial matches the
direction of the meter leds.  This in turn makes setting the exposure with
the camera to your eye both easier (larger dial) and more intuitive (proper
direction).

Paul

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] 0.58 M-6 Classic)
Message from Charles Mégnin <charly@theblueplanet.org> (Re: [Leica] 0.58 M-6 Classic)