Subject: [Leica] don't knock the leica-h....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:59:15 -0400

mike gil sayth:

>Please don't make us, use Holga's.  Have you seen some
>of this stuff.  I think seeing light leaks into the
>frame is not a cool thing.  Or the other half dozen
>random effects created by this plastic camera.  Most
>pictures taken with a Holga look like they accidently
>took off the top of the film developing can before the
>film was fixed, smeared vaseline on the lens and used
>the wrong lens hood.  HCB would not be HCB with a
>Brownie, imagine him showing a portfolio full of
>technically weak photographs to an editor.

there are a lot of kids here who kick most of our butts:

  http://www.toycamera.com

like kim taylor and sue agostini and trent chambers ....

it's not the box, it's the heart. i'd gladly trade my leica for some
artistic vision. i kick myself every day for not being able to come
through like i want to, and my leica's ain't helping me. it's my
frustrating lack of vision, the leica's got nothing to do with it.

i think someone pointed out here before that many of HCB's shots were
technically weak but expertly printed. he had the eye, he had the
vision.....

my .02 -- take it for what it's worth.

kc

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] don't knock the leica-h....)