Subject: Re: [Leica] question on M6TTL camera
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:13:27 +0200

Steve writes:

> The reason that I tension the film a little
> after it's loaded is so that I can see the
> rewind crank revolve when I advance the film
> - this tells me that the film is loaded correctly.

If the film is loaded correctly, the rewind crank will move on the first
movement of the advance lever, whether you tension it or not.  If it is not
loaded correctly, putting tension on the film will pull it away from the take-up
spool, and it will not load at all.  The film path is very narrow and straight
from what I can see; there isn't really any room for slack to build up in the
film path.