Subject: [Leica] Chemical re-use
From: Adam Bridge <>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:44:43 -0700

Okay, I'd like to step through this again.

For development of film now, not paper, what chemistry can I re-use?

I'm using Xtol at 1:1 for most things, 1:0 for Illford 3200 shot at 1600. Can I simply pour back the
developer into the bottle? That me. I'll be continually weakening the

Stop bath has an indicator so it seems like that is safe to re-use.

I appreciate the suggestions everyone has been making - I'm just trying to understand the parameters
better. The idea of working hard to make good negatives and them screwing them up because I was
cheap on chemicals bothers me. But I don't like to throw away money - how else can I afford to buy
another M6?

Thanks everyone.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <> (Re: [Leica] Chemical re-use)