Subject: Re: [Leica] JOBO Processors
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 01:44:32 +0200

Hi Shel,

Some films and/or developers include times for continuous agitation, and
obviously those are good starting points. If no such times are
specified, then you have to do your own testing. For example, I am
currently in the process of determining my development time for the new
Ilford Delta 400 in Ilfotec DD-X 1+4, because I find that the times in
the data sheet result in too dense negatives.

The great thing about the Jobo is that because of the ability to control
temperature and the constant rotation you are assured consistency and
can experiment with confidence.

Nathan

Shel Belinkoff wrote, in part:

> My concern is this.  If I understand the JOBO's operation correctly,
> the tank is in continual rotation throughout the entire developing
> process.  If that's the case, it would seem that shadow density and
> highlight density would be substantially changed from using small
> tanks by the constant agitation, and that a different EI and perhaps
> substantially less developing time would be needed for a given
> film/developer combination.
>
> How do those of you who use the JOBO compensate for the different
> agitation of the processor vs using a small tank with manual
> agitation?
> --
> Shel Belinkoff
> mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
> "... there is no point in pressing the shutter
> unless you are making some caustic comment
> on the incongruities of life" - Phillip Jones Griffiths

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch